Saturday, November 10, 2012


~Pumpkins~

   I dearly love pumpkins. All pumpkins in all sizes and shapes. I love pumpkin dishes, pumpkin spice candles, pumpkins embroidered on towels in the kitchen, pumpkin salt and pepper shakers! I love the colour of pumpkins...oooohhh that colour! I love pumpkin farms and all that goes with them! The kids love pumpkin muffins on a cold November morning and pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and my friend Amanda is the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte girl which means it's time for a trip to the coffee haven for a good long chat!! Pumpkins show up the first of September here and hang around until Thanksgiving is over....3 whole months of my favorite gourd!



   I have serious issues with pumpkins. That is my birthday wish each year....to go to the pumpkin farm. I am quickly approaching 50 years old and it is still my favorite thing to do on my birthday!  We get well over 100 lbs of pumpkins and they line our walkway in little clumps of 2 or 3, always of varying shapes and sizes.  NO perfect pumpkins here, oh no. 

Pumpkins have personality and I can read them well.  I am proud of this talent. It's a gift really.

Certain shapes go with other shapes. We get massive ones and teeny ones. Some have the oompf to stand alone while others need friends.  



   I have a lovely wooden pumpkin that sits on a metallic pumpkin coloured plate that sits on a cake stand in the middle of the kitchen table. It is just lovely. Oh, I said that. But it IS.  I have a sheer green bow tied around it's wooden stalk and it's just lovely too.  I have a picture of it in another post but I may just have to post it again! It is after all, a PUMPKIN !



   The kids really look forward to carving pumpkins and we make a night of it. Here are a few they did this year. Pretty cute eh?


    Well that's all I am going to say about wonderful, colourful, round, lumpy, beautiful pumpkins or you may wish it were December.   Speaking of December that makes me think of snow so here's one more pumpkin picture....had to do it.



OH .... did I mention I love the Peanuts in The Great Pumpkin?  Just sayin'.....

Blessings~
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I told you I really think I need an IV drip of the Pumpkin Spice Latte ;0) Makes me sad when they take it away every year and make me wait until the next Fall.

    ReplyDelete