Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Favorite Coffee Drink

My friend Tracy is one of those adventurous gals who makes up recipes at the drop of a hat. She has some dietary restrictions so one day when she was over she made up this awesome coffee drink and it's my fav so I thought I'd share it.  It has no real dairy, but uses coconut milk which I thought I would dislike intensely because I do NOT like coconut.  She just threw things in the blender and out came this foamy, cold, coffee drink.  It has no coconut taste at all.



1 can ( 13.5 fl.oz) coconut milk
2 cups water
10 ice cubes
4 tsp. instant coffee
4 Tbls. sugar or Splenda
1 tsp. vanilla

Throw all this in the blender and blend until smooth and foamy.  I love it and if you are lactose intolerant it is perfect.   I leave it in the blender and store in the fridge.  When I want some I throw it on the base and blend for a couple seconds to re-create the foam.  If you use Splenda the carb count is only about 2 grams per cup !!

Enjoy !
~Blessings~
                 Lisa