Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Hubby's Favorite Treat

My Husband's favorite treats are called Easy Cherry Tarts. He absolutely loves them. They are not my favorite only because they use those "whack-'em-on-the-counter biscuits and I do not like those things. But, the filling is super good. Anywhere I bring them they are a hit and they can be whipped up in a jiffy. They aren't cheap though since pie filling is a crime these days at almost $4.00 a can! But it's worth it for a treat and I made them tonight because poor Big Ed just had some oral surgery and he deserves a big ol' treat.

Here's the recipe....

Easy Cherry Tarts

1 Pkg. (8oz.) Cream Cheese - softened 
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 egg separated
2 tubes (8oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling

* Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk
* Separate dough into triangles and place on greased (or parchment covered) cookie sheet 
You can put 6-8 per pan

*Drop 1 Tbls. cream cheese mix onto wide edge of triangle then top with dollop 
of 3-4 cherries and a bit of sauce 


* Fold point of triangle up and over cherries and tuck under wide end


* Beat egg white and brush well over tarts so they'll be golden brown


Bake at 350 degrees 15 -20 minutes

Voila....


Yum Yum!

I made the first batch of these a few days ago and the cherries were in the fridge. 
 I went to do this little baking escapade and blog deal....and lo and behold SOMEONE HAD EATEN HALF THE CHERRY PIE FILING.  GRRRRRR.

Why am I even surprised?  So you see the two in the middle?? Those are two little sad wanna-be tarts who have no cherries, who have just sauce and sugar and are just sadly rolled into two lumps because a thief stole their cherries. And let me tell you everyone heard about it! Cherry thieves, that's what I have here today. Cherry thieves.

Then there's the husband who cannot wait to get his hands on his treats!  
He's recovering so he might get two!


Try these. There quick, easy and yummy!

~Blessings~
Lisa