Monday, August 12, 2013

A Thankful Hair Day

This is a silly reason for a thankful day but it led to many other "thankfuls" as I played in the mirror.

I have had 3 brain surgeries in 9 months. I have had hair that at best looks like the back end of a raccoon. I mean it has not been good folks. Well today my super fun friend Gayle and I are going to breakfast and on a whim as I was drying my hair, I pulled out a brush and tried to sort of roll under the bottom (which is maybe 1 1/2 inches long by now) which couldn't possibly roll under. 

But you know what?  It sort of.....rolled under....sort of and the rest sort of layed down.....and behaved!! 

 I sort of....have a hair style like a bob!!! 

I sort of....look like a girl!!!   

I am so happy!!  Yay me!

I ran and woke up the girls in my house and they were thrilled. Then I showed my twin 12 year olds and they pretended to be thrilled because they love me. I then dialed my husband and being so excited, scared him to death and he just wants to kill me because he thought I was dying or something. Ooops.

I can't wait to show Gayle when she shows up. I mean I am actually as cute as I can get at this point (which is not anything resembling cute but I don't care I have a style) !

I am seriously sick of having clippers anywhere near my head. After these surgeries I thought I was in the clear but nooo. I have had a few shunt malfunctions so they just shave a hole where the shunt is to do nuclear testing on it. Really??? Yeah, a nice hole on the side of my head. Grrrrr. So my nice husband fiddles with my hair to cover this up. He loves me that way.

So Oh Happy Day.  I have stumbled upon a style......

~Blessings~
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment