Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Self Examination

I am a Catholic. As such, we are taught to do an "Examination of Conscience" daily if possible. This is a good thing, especially since it's Lent.  It is always good to examine our deeds, thoughts, intentions in our days.  This is to be done hopefully with a balanced mind so as not to become scrupulous or at the other end of the spectrum, full of excuses.

I am trying to do this more right now because we are "living" with a LOT of other people here at Ronald McDonald House. This is both a blessing and a difficult task.  Where do you go when you know you need down time but need to make meals or be with the kids? How do you have time for quiet reflection when it isn't your own home and you cannot, say, make a meal in quiet thought?  There are just inherent difficulties when being with so many other people.  I have written about the abundant good things about this experience but the last few days have also been challenging.

I must, especially now, examine my conscience more so that my intentions, my conversation, my deeds are an effort in the right direction and not what is easiest. Easy sounds lovely....it is NOT lovely though. Easy is a trap.  I am so tired medically but I can't let that, something that will always be around, cloud my actions. My feelings and my actions must be separate.  I am struggling with this. I have to try harder, pray more, smile brighter.

Lent. It is Lent folks. Jesus was tempted....we will be tempted.  He didn't fail....we will. Being a Saint, a Christian, a decent human being requires not that we be perfect, but that we screw up, get up and continue on in a life of service to Christ and others.....with a smile.

Good Lenten Wishes~
      Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment