Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer Time

I often marvel at how different things are in the last 20 years or so.  I had 2 of the boys at the orthodontist's office the other morning and as I was making their next appointments I looked around the waiting room. That waiting room was full of parents and children staring at their phones. There was no visiting, no stories being read aloud, no parents exchanging words with one another.
Twenty years certainly doesn't seem very long ago. I remember my Grandmother and Mother saying those same words......I am definitely getting older!
Technology, communication in general.....is so very different in such a short time. Things have changed dramatically.
However......
Summer is still Good Ol' Summer Time! Some things just don't have to change in 20 years to be great! Like....


 Our County Fair

Ball Games


Beaches

Gardens

Popsicles

Clear blue pools
Sprinklers
The wonderful smell of sunscreen
Picking strawberries

 Picking our raspberries, blackberries and eating watermelon!

Independence Day

Picnics
 Daylight until almost 10:00 PM here in the Pacific Northwest
Hot days and cool nights
Hot dogs, hamburgers and corn on the cob
Flip flops
Being tan
Days on the lake
All these things are so simple, so timeless, so wonderful. I look forward all winter to these lazy days and they are exactly the same as they were 20 years ago.  No technology can make any of this better!
It is just lovely that some things just cannot be improved upon!

~Blessings~
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment