Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Technology??? What a nightmare.

   So this blog business has already just fried what is left of my brain.  Every time I tried to change, add or delete something everything else changed....grrrrrr.  I emailed my techy son Eddie and he swooped down with his cape and did the Super Techy thing with it.  Then our favorite family priest Fr. Anthony called and he too is in the cape wearing community of Super Techies, so by remote from far away in the woods somewhere,  he took over my computer and fixed/added even more things I found in my blog searches.  It must be nice to be so smart...I am not graced by that particular problem anymore :/

   As many of you found out when you opened your email today, I, the stalker, sent you a bazillion and one emails "inviting" you to come read.....sheesh. I had NO IDEA I was doing that. I thought I was adding approved emails to a list and it wasn't working so of course I did it over and over....duh. It took doing it many times to see the oh-so-obvious box at the top of the page that said INVITING.   Amazing isn't it?  I still didn't know emails were actually going out until Mary opened her email tonight and said,"Mom, there are like, a TON of emails from you on here." So, I am sorry your fingers got numb pushing "delete".

   Today found me out to lunch with a good friend after dropping Mary at college. We went to Macy's to take back a couple things I got talked into. Yeah, stupid.  The gal at the cosmetic counter was so sweet when I pitifully told her I needed a make-over to cope with my obvious lack of hair. She was gorgeous and made me a FREE appointment. Yay FREE.....Yay MAKEOVER !  It isn't gonna do a whole lot of good but perhaps painting the exterior will make folks forget about the roof.  I have saved my birthday money for just such an occasion.

   This weekend, Joe's lovely girlfriend Lilly and I (mostly Lilly!) made one of those cool photo board thingies. It turned out beee-u-tee-ful!  I'm tellin' you it was so stinkin' easy anyone could do it. Making it yourself allows you to pick your own fabric and coordinating ribbon. Here's a pic of our handiwork....

 

    Isn't that just too cute??  We decided on buttons for the intersections of ribbon. I can't wait to fill it up :)

   I want to ask for some prayers for my wonderful friend Linda. She is battling cancer and after a recent difficult surgery begins her second round of chemo tomorrow..."mega chemo". The "mega" doesn't sound so good to me. She was bombarded from the nurse with the awful side affects awaiting her.  She is a lovely gal who gives her life for her family and especially her daughter  Lissy http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/allissarower  who has many of the same diseases/disorders we do. So some prayers for her would be lovely.

   Thanks to my lovely friend Debra (who is driving us up as my van is still in the shop), tomorrow we head up to Children's Hospital for bio-chemical genetics appointments. That should be good for some brain calisthenics.

  

1 comment:

  1. Love your Blog name!! Super cute layout- looks like you figured it out just fine. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete